With so many different options on the market, it can be tricky to decide which types of metal roofs are best for your home or building. From classic copper to innovative steel, each type of metal roofing material has its own unique advantages. Let's explore the different types of metal roofing materials, as well as their pros and cons.
5 Types of Metal Roofing Materials
1. Copper — Extremely long-lasting, very soft with low melting temperature
2. Aluminum — Long-lasting, resistant to salt water corrosion
3. Zinc — Extremely long-lasting, resistant to corrosion and lowest melting point
4. Steel — Three variations: galvanized, galvalume, and weathering steel (Corten)
5. Tin — Often referring to steel, used prior to World War II. No longer commonly applied.