Siding is a crucial component to protecting your home’s exterior. From the tops of your exterior walls all the way down to the foundation, your home’s siding needs to stand the tests of tough weather and time. When your siding starts to become damaged or too weathered to do its job, how do you know when it’s time to fully replace it? We’re providing you with four ways to tell its time to get new siding.
1. Damage, Cracks, & Holes
One of the biggest telltale signs that siding needs to be replaced is multiple signs of damage, including cracks and holes. Not only is this damage unsightly, but it can cause major water and moisture damage to your structure. Any gaps in your siding can allow water to penetrate the wood beneath it, not to mention insects and other unwanted pests. One or two minor damages can typically be replaced easily, but if you’re looking at a multitude of widespread damages across more than one area, it can be time to look into entire replacement.
2. Peeling Away From Structure
Vinyl siding is especially susceptible to peeling away from your structure when wind gets up underneath it or your home constantly undergoes a freeze and thaw cycle in the winter months. If you start to notice a large amount of vinyl panels peeling away from your exterior walls, it might mean it’s time to replace altogether.
When your siding is constantly exposed to direct heat from sunlight or has cracks and holes that allows moisture to get underneath it, warping can occur. Warping looks horrible and can allow even more moisture to get underneath and seep into your structure. When you notice warping starting to spread across your exterior walls, it may not be fixable and may be time to replace it entirely.
4. Too Much Maintenance
If you’re finding yourself outside constantly cleaning, fixing, and trying to maintain your siding, it may be time to consider replacement. Maintenance can be draining on both your time and money. Upgrading to a low maintenance siding option can be worthwhile and allow you to prioritize other areas of your home.
Ready to Replace? Consider Metal Siding
If some of these issues resonated with you and your current siding, it may be time to consider replacement. Metal siding is a great choice for exterior wall covering because it has several advantages for home and building owners. Here are just a few of metal siding’s benefits:
- Longevity — The lifespan of metal siding is an unbelievable benefit. Metal siding is expected to last between 40-70 years, and sometimes even longer. This lifespan is almost double compared to some other materials!
- Durability — Metal siding’s toughness is a huge advantage. Whether you live in an area with high speed winds or frequent rainfall, metal can stand the tests of weather and time. It’s also easily withstands dents, punctures, and other indents from life happening around the house.
- Low Maintenance — Likely one of the biggest advantages of metal siding is its low maintenance qualities. There’s no annual power washing, scrubbing, or cleaning required. Typically, just a quick visual inspection to ensure all your panels are intact is all that’s needed.
- Repels Pests & Insects — Unlike some siding options like wood or vinyl, metal actually repels pests and insects away from your structure. You won’t have to worry about regularly spraying for pests that damage your home.
- Improve Energy Efficiency — Metal siding can also improve your home’s energy efficiency, therefore lowering your energy costs. Due to its highly reflective qualities, it actually directs the sun’s UV rays away from your home rather than absorbing them. This results in lower energy bills – good for both the environment and your wallet!
- Stunning Aesthetics — Not only does metal siding have structural advantages, but it also provides a sleek, modern aesthetic. With a variety of different panel profiles and colors and finishes to choose from, you can create a unique look that provides the durability you need with the style you want.
Ready to take the next step with metal siding for your home or building? Get in touch with our team of expert Product Specialists at Bridger Steel today. Our team can help you find the right panel profile and color or finish to suit your project’s specific needs. From the beginning stages to the very last details, we’ll be with you every step of the way to ensure you’re getting the exact exterior you’ve envisioned. Contact Us today or fill out our Get a Quote form to get started. We’re excited to work with you!